For centuries, gemstones have been revered by all races and religions for their Mystical, Magical and Healing qualities. From helping with nerves, stress and anger to motivating you to focus on achieving your goals, there is a gem for everything.
Below is a list of the Gemstones we use in our jewellery and the relevant holistic properties associated with the stone.
- Agate is one of the oldest stones in history. It is believed to have many protective properties and throughout the ages has been used to give the wearer strength, protect against bad dreams, protect against stress and help with energy. It has also been used to re-balance and harmonise the body.
It is the all-round feel good stone.
- Amazonite - This is a gemstone that has been used and adored for centuries. In fact, it is believed to have been used as far back as the 10th century BC. As you can imagine from the name, it is said to have been used by the ancient Amazonians to adorn their shields and heal wounds from fighting. The stone is steeped in history and has been found in treasures, decorating amulets and was also found on jewellery discovered in the tomb of Tutankhamen. It has been thought of as a symbol of fertility and good luck, has calming abilities and gives the wearer self awareness. In fact there are many, many beliefs for this beautiful ancient gem which all point to it be a very powerful and useful gem for you to own.
- Amethyst is an ancient stone and has been used through centuries for many purposes. It was even once held in such high esteem that it was worth as much as Diamond. The most popular and well known belief was that Amethyst would guard against drunkenness. In fact its name derives from the Greek word ametusthos which means not intoxicated. Greeks and Romans used to put Amethyst onto their goblets to avoid getting drunk. It has many different meanings in different cultures some being that it will guard the wearer from evil thoughts against them and help become shrewd in business. It is also, which we like, the stone of St Valentine and represents faithful love.
- Black Veined or Zebra Jasper is a calming stone with many qualities. Physically it is said to help with bladder and kidney problems as well as improving skin, teeth and bones. Some may find it useful as a motivational stone as it overcomes laziness and turn ideas into action.
- Bloodstone is said to realign the lower Chakras with the wearers heart and is one of the most intense of the healing stones. People believe it to rebalance the whole body helping to reduce anxiety and distress.
- Blue Tiger Eye, also known as Hawk's Eye or Falcon's Eye is a gorgeous stylish looking stone which comes in an array of colours. Blue Tiger Eye has been used as a powerful protective stone which uses its calming properties to help with mood swings. Reducing stress it helps the wearer see things with clarity.
- Carnelian - Often referred to as the Self Esteem stone, Carnelian is the gem to turn to when motivation is needed. Said to bring Luck, Protection and Comfort, Carnelian can make your doubts melt away, stop you procrastinating and stimulate your Creativity.
- Chrysanthemum has a beautiful earthy glow and is also known as the flower stone. It comes in a glorious range of brown and golden shades. The Chinese refer to this gem as 'The stone of wealth and honour' and it also the official stone of the Chinese Imperial Family. Chrysanthemum stone is believed to help bring joy, achievement and lift depression as well as ridding the wearer of self righteousness.
- Coral. Red Coral has been used throughout the years for its many qualities and properties. Coral is said to help against negativity and support friendships, it also promotes energy, enthusiasm and romantic relationships. Protecting from depression it helps the wearer find peace and emotional calm.
The red coral we use is natural bamboo coral dyed red to comply with regulations.
- Dalmatian Jasper is said to bring the wearer courage and relief from pain. Many have used this stone to protect against evil spirits and negative forces.
- Emperor Jasper - Also known as Sea Sediment Jasper, it is said to be a gemstone of stability. Used for finding inner peace, love and clarity. It eases emotional stress and is a great stone for emotional healing.
- Fossil Stone or White Fossil Jasper is high on the list of nurturing stones. It helps to stimulate the imagination and promote determination in achieving goals in life and business. Guiding the wearer to find their true calling in life it also helps promote a tranquil life and relieve stress.
- Garnet - A symbol of love, compassion, purity and truth. It is believed to help the wearer with their self esteem and bring lasting friendship.
- Glidstone is also known as Goldstone due to the coloured flecks found within which shine like the night stars. Glidstone has many properties which are thought to bring Wealth and Opportunity. It is also said that to wear Goldstone for a good amount of time will bring the wearer magical powers and help lower Blood Pressure, Calm Nerves and Help the wearer Sleep.
- Hematite is the stone of the mind. It is said to focus and stimulate the wearer while enhancing memory and thought. Hematite has magnetic qualities which are meant to balance the body, mind and spirit. Polished Hematite was traditionally used for magic mirrors which had the power to reflect negativity. Roman soldiers were believed to rub the red powdered hematite on their bodies to make them invulnerable.
- Howlite - A beautiful stone which is said to be ultra calming. It is meant to relieve stress and anxiety. It can also be used as an antidote to sleeplessness due to an overactive mind.
Natural Green Jade - Has been used for centuries for a wide variety of purposes. Weapons, Goblets and ceremonial masks have all been made of Jade but possibly one of the main reasons it is worn is the belief that it is an extremely healing and protective healing stone. Known as the 'Dream Stone'. It dispels negativity, encourages creativity and brings luck.
White Mashan Jade. A gorgeous crisp solid opaque white. This is actually mountain Jade which is dolomite marble. It is dyed marble with magnesium.
White Jade has a beautiful magical glow. It is believed to bring harmony, peace and luck to the wearer as well as helping with decision making as it is said to help block distractions and focus the mind. Physically White Jade is meant to help with the pain and symptoms of arthritis, hip joint pain and high blood pressure.
- Labradorite can be described as magical, mystical, other worldly and many other things but it will never truly capture the full hypnotic beauty of this gemstone until it is radiating from your wrist. With its shimmering blues, purples and greens, folk lore has it that this gem stone fell to the Earth as frozen fire from the Northern Lights.
- Lapis Lazuli - literally translated to Blue Stone. It is a worldwide symbol of wisdom and truth. Lapis and its uses can be traced to the beginning of mans history. It has a wealth of meanings for many different cultures. It is said to be a stone of truth which encourages honesty. Claimed to help in auditions or the work place it can help with promotions or recognition in the wearers chosen field. Being a calming stone it can help in relationships and bring harmony to the home. It is an all round good luck stone to wear or carry.
- Lava Stone - Is a well known grounding and calming stone. It's energetic properties are said to give courage and strength and the stability to handle change.
- Lepidolite - An intriguing purple stone with Micaceous plates which create light and dark patches. It is sometimes referred to as the Peace Stone. It is said to be a great stress relief stone which creates happiness, drives away negative thoughts and bring emotional calm.
- Mahogany Obsidian is a volcanic rock which contains pieces of Hematite and Magnetite. Mahogany Obsidian is said to connect to your Sacral Chakra. It is a very protective stone which grounds and protects the wearer. Worn to give strength in times of need and give fresh meaning to ones purposes and goals. Some also wear it to help improve circulation and relieve pain. As well as all that, it has a beautiful classic tone which looks great no matter what it is being worn with.
- Mookaite is a form of Jasper found in Australia. It has beautiful mixtures of Golds, Browns, Yellows, Reds and Creams and absolutely no two stones will be alike. A very old stone it is now gaining popularity every day. It is a very empowering stone for the wearer bringing positivity and enabling a person to increase their focus to accept and take on new challenges.
- Moonstone. The magical and Mystical White Moonstone is an ancient worshiped Gem. It is said to carry the New Moons energy. It is a great stone for balancing emotions in the wearer, and for the ladies, it is said to help with menopause.
- Onyx is a well known protective stone and is said to be worn to protect the owner when they face battles of all types, physical and mental. It is also believed to protect the wearer against negativity from others and from their own inner mind. It gives the confidence to be the master of your own destiny and instill strength.
- Picture Stone is a form of Brown Jasper. Because of Jaspers deep connection to the Earth it is long believed to have strong Nurturing and Healing properties bring Courage and Wisdom. It is a Protective Stone and is used to alleviate Fear and Anxiety.
- Regalite Jasper is a beautiful stone with gorgeous colours which is said to bring the wearer Inner Peace, Clarity, Love and Compassion.
- Rose Quartz - Is a stone that represents true love. It is said to have been made when the blood of Adonis and Aphrodite merged and stained a rock of White Quartz pink. It not only inspires love of others, but very importantly, it helps one love themselves.
- Blue Sandstone is a Midnight Blue with Beautiful Specks which Sparkle like the Magical Stars in the night sky. Sandstone is thought to have many Spiritual properties and is believed to bring the wearer Success, Glory, Help in Leadership, give Courage, Willpower and Boost Vitality. There is not much that this stone is not meant to bring..... and it looks great when worn as a fashion bracelet.
- Snowflake Obsidian - A stone of purity. It is believed to balance the body, mind and spirit. It is very much a reflective stone which can help you to look within yourself and analyse your own patterns of behaviour, helping to change where needed. If you are a person who keeps emotions locked inside then this gem can help in bringing your emotions to the surface.
- Sodalite is a beautiful blue colour that looks so calming on the wrist. Sodalite is said to bring true calmness to the mind of the wearer. It balances the emotions and soothes anxiety brought on by panic. It boosts the confidence by enabling rational thinking and verbalisation of thoughts and feelings, enhances self esteem and acceptance.
- Sunstone - A magical stone which uses all its colours to sparkle like the sun. This is a happy stone. Amongst its many qualities it inspires you to nurture yourself to be in a position to help others. It is a stone of knowledge, leadership, power and freedom. It provides a sense of happiness, well being, warmth, strength and clarity.
- Tigers Eye is a Beautiful Stone Crystal with bands of Gold and Yellow Colours throughout. Through centuries it has been considered a powerful Crystal which helps release fear and anxiety, aid harmony and life balance and help in making important decisions.
- Turquoise signifies Balance, Wisdom and Truth. Turquoise has an extremely long history of being used by Kings, Shamans and Warriors believed to bring good fortune and protection.
- Zebra Jasper is a calming stone with many qualities. Physically it is said to help with bladder and kidney problems as well as improving skin, teeth and bones. Some may find it useful as a motivational stone as it overcomes laziness and turn ideas into action.