For centuries, gemstones have been revered by all races and religions for their Mystical, Magical and Healing qualities. From helping with nerves, stress and anger to motivating you to focus on achieving your goals, there is a gem for everything.
Below is a list of the Gemstones we use in our jewellery and the relevant holistic properties associated with the stone.
– Agate is one of the oldest stones in history. It is believed to have many protective properties and throughout the ages has been used to give the wearer strength, protect against bad dreams, protect against stress and help with energy. It has also been used to re-balance and harmonise the body.
It is the all-round feel good stone.
– Amazonite – This is a gemstone that has been used and adored for centuries. In fact, it is believed to have been used as far back as the 10th century BC. As you can imagine from the name, it is said to have been used by the ancient Amazonians to adorn their shields and heal wounds from fighting. The stone is steeped in history and has been found in treasures, decorating amulets and was also found on jewellery discovered in the tomb of Tutankhamen. It has been thought of as a symbol of fertility and good luck, has calming abilities and gives the wearer self awareness. In fact there are many, many beliefs for this beautiful ancient gem which all point to it be a very powerful and useful gem for you to own.
– Amethyst is an ancient stone and has been used through centuries for many purposes. It was even once held in such high esteem that it was worth as much as Diamond. The most popular and well known belief was that Amethyst would guard against drunkenness. In fact its name derives from the Greek word ametusthos which means not intoxicated. Greeks and Romans used to put Amethyst onto their goblets to avoid getting drunk. It has many different meanings in different cultures some being that it will guard the wearer from evil thoughts against them and help become shrewd in business. It is also, which we like, the stone of St Valentine and represents faithful love.
– Aquamarine is a stone of courage. A beautiful sea blue gem it looks beautiful on any style of jewellery. It has a calming energy which can help with emotional woes and stress. Aquamarine connects with emotional people and instills the following qualities – Healing emotional trauma, Cooling temper and conflict, Relieving stress and helping you speak the truth.
– Aventurine. Green Aventurine is said to be the luckiest of all crystals bringing prosperity and wealth and is also known as ‘The stone of opportunity’. Aventurine has many uses in the crystal world. Some wear or carry it to increase intelligence, perception and creativity or to release negativity and keep your energy flowing. In Healing it is the all-around healing stone with benefits for your lungs, liver, sinuses, and heart.
– Azurite is a gorgeous azure blue colour which usually grows next to Malachite, often mixing with the other gem when forming. Azurite is always blue while Malachite is always green. Azurite is a great mind stone which helps to clear the mind of fog and confusion. It is very useful for giving you the confidence to trust your intuition. Also known as the speakers stone it will give you the confidence to be heard and not shy away from saying what you think is right. As a healing stone, Azurite helps clear the throat Chakra and is a good stone for helping with sore throats, sinus problems and headaches.
– Black Obsidian is said to be able to cleanse your Aura and rid the psychic smog. It will shield you from negativity and protect the owner. Take a look at the beautiful mystical shimmer inside this Gemstone. This stone has been used by crystal gazers and shamans to make contact with the spirit world and the shimmer you can see in the right light is said to be the spirits of loved ones.
Obsidian forms from molten lava that very quickly cooled and did not have time to form into glass. It is said to be a type of volcanic glass and is found in a number of places worldwide.
Obsidian can be dated back to prehistoric times and has been used as spearheads and arrowheads as well as a large variety of tools.
– Black Veined or Zebra Jasper is a calming stone with many qualities. Physically it is said to help with bladder and kidney problems as well as improving skin, teeth and bones. Some may find it useful as a motivational stone as it overcomes laziness and turn ideas into action.
– Bloodstone is said to realign the lower Chakras with the wearers heart and is one of the most intense of the healing stones. People believe it to re balance the whole body helping to reduce anxiety and distress.
– Blue Tiger Eye, also known as Hawk’s Eye or Falcon’s Eye is a gorgeous stylish looking stone which comes in an array of colours. Blue Tiger Eye has been used as a powerful protective stone which uses its calming properties to help with mood swings. Reducing stress it helps the wearer see things with clarity.
– Carnelian – Often referred to as the Self Esteem stone, Carnelian is the gem to turn to when motivation is needed. Said to bring Luck, Protection and Comfort, Carnelian can make your doubts melt away, stop you procrastinating and stimulate your Creativity.
– Cherry Quartz is made using natural reconstituted quartz and cinnabar. It is a stone of hope and very useful when you need strength and courage to make progress. If you need clarity for making future plans, then this is your stone. It is also a great healer of emotional wounds as well as colds and flu.
– Chrysanthemum has a beautiful earthy glow and is also known as the flower stone. It comes in a glorious range of brown and golden shades. The Chinese refer to this gem as ‘The stone of wealth and honour’ and it also the official stone of the Chinese Imperial Family. Chrysanthemum stone is believed to help bring joy, achievement and lift depression as well as ridding the wearer of self righteousness.
– Chrysoprase is a delightful green stone that’s connected to your heart Chakra. It help to promote love and happiness as well as helping with Anxiety and Depression. As well as having healing properties, it also attracts abundance and prosperity through its connection to the other Chakra, the Solar Plexus.
– Citrine is an emotionally balancing stone and can be used to rid negative traits and energies. Use Citrine to help with anxiety, fear, depression and phobias. It is a confidence stone and promotes motivation, awakens creativity and encourages self-expression. Enhancing concentration it revitalises the mind. As a healing stone, Citrine can support and enhance healing for the spine, the digestive and elimination organs, and the metabolism.
– Coral. Red Coral has been used throughout the years for its many qualities and properties. Coral is said to help against negativity and support friendships, it also promotes energy, enthusiasm and romantic relationships. Protecting from depression it helps the wearer find peace and emotional calm.
–The red coral we use is natural bamboo coral dyed red to comply with regulations.
– Dalmatian Jasper is said to bring the wearer courage and relief from pain. Many have used this stone to protect against evil spirits and negative forces.
– Dumortierite will help you to take control of your life and increase your level of patience. It will help you to see situations with a lighter heart and help with anxiety, nervousness, depression and fear. It is a crystal that will teach you to stand up for yourself. This gem is great for stimulating the brain and brings enhanced intellectual abilities as it assists with all mental skills, both mathematical and language based.
– Emperor Jasper – Also known as Sea Sediment Jasper, it is said to be a gemstone of stability. Used for finding inner peace, love and clarity. It eases emotional stress and is a great stone for emotional healing.
– Flourite energizes all of the Chakras, the gentle healer, and is especially powerful when used with the throat Chakra.
This genius stone represents the highest state of mental achievement, helping the absorption of new information and giving the ability to work through complex problems.
It is a very protective stone and brings calmness to rid you of anxieties and tensions.
– Fossil Stone or White Fossil Jasper is high on the list of nurturing stones. It helps to stimulate the imagination and promote determination in achieving goals in life and business. Guiding the wearer to find their true calling in life it also helps promote a tranquil life and relieve stress.
– Garnet – A symbol of love, compassion, purity and truth. It is believed to help the wearer with their self esteem and bring lasting friendship.
– Glidstone is also known as Goldstone due to the coloured flecks found within which shine like the night stars. Glidstone has many properties which are thought to bring Wealth and Opportunity. It is also said that to wear Goldstone for a good amount of time will bring the wearer magical powers and help lower Blood Pressure, Calm Nerves and Help the wearer Sleep.
– Hematite is the stone of the mind. It is said to focus and stimulate the wearer while enhancing memory and thought. Hematite has magnetic qualities which are meant to balance the body, mind and spirit. Polished Hematite was traditionally used for magic mirrors which had the power to reflect negativity. Roman soldiers were believed to rub the red powdered hematite on their bodies to make them invulnerable.
– Howlite – A beautiful stone which is said to be ultra calming. It is meant to relieve stress and anxiety. It can also be used as an antidote to sleeplessness due to an overactive mind.
Natural Green Jade – Has been used for centuries for a wide variety of purposes. Weapons, Goblets and ceremonial masks have all been made of Jade but possibly one of the main reasons it is worn is the belief that it is an extremely healing and protective healing stone. Known as the ‘Dream Stone’. It dispels negativity, encourages creativity and brings luck.
White Mashan Jade. A gorgeous crisp solid opaque white. This is mountain Jade which is dolomite marble. It is dyed marble with magnesium.
White Jade has a beautiful magical glow. It is believed to bring harmony, peace and luck to the wearer as well as helping with decision making as it is said to help block distractions and focus the mind. Physically White Jade is meant to help with the pain and symptoms of arthritis, hip joint pain and high blood pressure.
– Labradorite can be described as magical, mystical, other worldly and many other things but it will never truly capture the full hypnotic beauty of this gemstone until it is radiating from your wrist. With its shimmering blues, purples and greens, folk lore has it that this gem stone fell to the Earth as frozen fire from the Northern Lights.
– Lapis Lazuli – literally translated to Blue Stone. It is a worldwide symbol of wisdom and truth. Lapis and its uses can be traced to the beginning of mans history. It has a wealth of meanings for many different cultures. It is said to be a stone of truth which encourages honesty. Claimed to help in auditions or the work place it can help with promotions or recognition in the wearers chosen field. Being a calming stone it can help in relationships and bring harmony to the home. It is an all round good luck stone to wear or carry.
– Lava Stone – Is a well-known grounding and calming stone. It’s energetic properties are said to give courage and strength and the stability to handle change.
– Lepidolite – An intriguing purple stone with Micaceous plates which create light and dark patches. It is sometimes referred to as the Peace Stone. It is said to be a great stress relief stone which creates happiness, drives away negative thoughts and bring emotional calm.
– Malachite is a multi purpose stone which is great for clearing all of your Chakras, though it is especially useful with the throat and heart Chakras. Malachite is a stone of good fortune, balance, abundance, manifestation and intention which can enhance your energies, be it positive or negative.
– Mahogany Obsidian is a volcanic rock which contains pieces of Hematite and Magnetite. Mahogany Obsidian is said to connect to your Sacral Chakra. It is a very protective stone which grounds and protects the wearer. Worn to give strength in times of need and give fresh meaning to one’s purposes and goals. Some also wear it to help improve circulation and relieve pain. As well as all that, it has a beautiful classic tone which looks great no matter what it is being worn with.
– Mookaite is a form of Jasper found in Australia. It has beautiful mixtures of Golds, Browns, Yellows, Reds and Creams and absolutely no two stones will be alike. A very old stone it is now gaining popularity every day. It is a very empowering stone for the wearer bringing positivity and enabling a person to increase their focus to accept and take on new challenges.
– Moonstone. The magical and Mystical White Moonstone is an ancient worshiped Gem. It is said to carry the New Moons energy. It is a great stone for balancing emotions in the wearer, and for the ladies, it is said to help with menopause.
– Onyx is a well known protective stone and is said to be worn to protect the owner when they face battles of all types, physical and mental. It is also believed to protect the wearer against negativity from others and from their own inner mind. It gives the confidence to be the master of your own destiny and instill strength.
– Opal is a beautifully mysterious shimmering gem which looks great in any form. It is a stone of self worth used to help release unwanted anger, uncertainty and feelings of self doubt. It helps strengthen the memory and encourages creativity. It is a positivity stone helping you find true everlasting love, good luck and happiness. As a healing stone, Opal is said to help in alleviating indigestion, stomach disorders and all kind of eye problems. It is the birthstone of October.
– Picture Stone is a form of Brown Jasper. Because of Jaspers deep connection to the Earth it is long believed to have strong Nurturing and Healing properties bring Courage and Wisdom. It is a Protective Stone and is used to alleviate Fear and Anxiety.
-Prehnite is an extremely powerful stone on many levels and can be placed anywhere on the body to support healing. It is said to act as a pain reliever, particularly for arthritis sufferers.
Prehnite connects to your Heart and Solar Plexus Chakra. Linking your heart to your will, it helps you live your life in a heart based way. It is a great gemstone to encourage you to go out and achieve what your heart desires.
– Regalite Jasper is a beautiful stone with gorgeous colours which is said to bring the wearer Inner Peace, Clarity, Love and Compassion.
– Rhodochrosite is a beautiful deep pink or rose-red shade. It is also called the Stone of the Compassionate Heart. It is the gemstone of love and compassion. Rhodochrosite gives real joy to your life, heals old wounds and enables you to love yourself and others unconditionally.
– Rhodonite is connected to your heart chakra. It is known for its ability to bring emotional healing and to release blocked energy from your heart chakra. This stone is an excellent balancer of the emotions, and can be used to calm you during traumatic times.
– Rose Quartz – Is a stone that represents true love. It is said to have been made when the blood of Adonis and Aphrodite merged and stained a rock of White Quartz pink. It not only inspires love of others, but very importantly, it helps one love themselves.
– (Blue) Sandstone is a Midnight Blue with Beautiful Specks which Sparkle like the Magical Stars in the night sky. Sandstone is thought to have many Spiritual properties and is believed to bring the wearer Success, Glory, Help in Leadership, give Courage, Willpower and Boost Vitality. There is not much that this stone is not meant to bring….. and it looks great when worn as a fashion bracelet.
– Shiva Lingam stones are a sacred stone of the Indian Hindu religion. The villagers gather the stones from the Narmada River in Western India, one of India’s most holy sites, and hand polish them so that they are a smooth rounded shape.
The stones are basically quartz and have strong metaphysical properties as they carry a lot of energy.
Shiva Lingam helps you see your own uniqueness. This unusual stone is said to enhance creativity, bring luck when raising children, is full of bright energy and is a great gemstone to carry when you want to greatly change your life. It is an all round positive stone.
– Skulls have been worn for centuries as a symbol of power. From as early as the 15th century people began wearing the skull in jewellery as a reminder of their own mortality and what it meant to be alive.
– Snowflake Obsidian – A stone of purity. It is believed to balance the body, mind and spirit. It is very much a reflective stone which can help you to look within yourself and analyse your own patterns of behaviour, helping to change where needed. If you are a person who keeps emotions locked inside, then this gem can help in bringing your emotions to the surface.
– Sodalite is a beautiful blue colour that looks so calming on the wrist. Sodalite is said to bring true calmness to the mind of the wearer. It balances the emotions and soothes anxiety brought on by panic. It boosts the confidence by enabling rational thinking and verbalisation of thoughts and feelings, enhances self-esteem and acceptance.
– Sunstone – A magical stone which uses all its colours to sparkle like the sun. This is a happy stone. Among its many qualities it inspires you to nurture yourself to be in a position to help others. It is a stone of knowledge, leadership, power and freedom. It provides a sense of happiness, well-being, warmth, strength and clarity.
– Tigers Eye is a Beautiful Stone Crystal with bands of Gold and Yellow Colours throughout. Through centuries it has been considered a powerful Crystal which helps release fear and anxiety, aid harmony and life balance and help in making important decisions.
– Turquoise signifies Balance, Wisdom and Truth. Turquoise has an extremely long history of being used by Kings, Shamans and Warriors believed to bring good fortune and protection.
– Wind Fossil Agate – Wind Fossil Agate is said to teach that you are an eternal incarnated soul who just happens to be on a human journey this time.
It is purported to assist with the process of soul scouring by clearing away karmic encrustations, beliefs and emotional baggage. It carries the power of the Karma of Grace that says that, when sufficient work has been carried out, then the soul can let go, and is no longer bound by karma. (Courtesy of Judy Hall. Author of The Crystal Bible).
– Wood Grain Jasper – The crystals of Wood Grain Jasper are purported to have the healing properties of helping with backaches and healing bones leading to a sense of powerful energies.
– Zebra Jasper is a calming stone with many qualities. Physically it is said to help with bladder and kidney problems as well as improving skin, teeth and bones. Some may find it useful as a motivational stone as it overcomes laziness and turn ideas into action.
N.B I am a jeweller of many years with a heightened interest in the holistic properties of gemstones. I do not endorse the use of crystals over professional medical help and the healing properties of gemstones are purported properties.
Now that you have read the fascinating properties of the gemstones, if there is a certain combination of stones you would like then just message us and we will be happy to use them in your new bracelet.